Monday, March 2, 2015

"Vikings" TV Show Logo Based on Actual RunestoneTv

So while many can criticize the History Channel's show "Vikings" for many historical inaccuracies, it is still one of the better depictions of the Norsemen (especially when compared to something like "Pathfinder").  For that reason, I enjoy it when I recognize things in the show that are taken from actual archeology.

So while I was researching Viking runstones today, I was looking at pictures of a stone Norway, and I noticed that part of the carvings design looked similar to the "Vikings" logo.  While I initially blew off the show's logo as mere artistic license, its nice to think that there is at least some historical accuracy to the logo.
History Channel's series "Vikings"
Vang Stone (Norway)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vang_stone

No comments:

Post a Comment